June 30, 2008

Ocean Living Rules Supreme

Not a lot to say, just a few pictures from my after school bike ride through the dunes. I took my regular route towards Monster, just tried to get a few different shots.

One of the many different walk/run paths through the dunes:
There are usually two different paths; one for biking (fietspad - on the right) and one for pedestrians/runners.

The ocean is just a couple of hundred meters away...
My trusty (rusty) companion. Amazing how many miles I have gotten out of this bike. Pretty good deal...
Some of the greenhouses along the way. The really huge ones are in a different area of the country though.

One of the quieter beaches. It's about 10K from Den Haag, most tourists don't make it out here.

Dutch version of Baywatch:

The not-so-pretty sight of Europe's largest port (Rotterdam) in the distance.

And just for Riley:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After seeing your pictures, I zoned out the rest of the day imagining myself laying on a beach under the stars. I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you ;-)

MsLara said...

My pleasure.

Gave me a good giggle to take the pictures.

Anonymous said...

nice... you should try the running trails once in a while..!!;)

P'kat

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Holland had such scenic open spaces.

terminal blocks said...

superb photos..keep it up...