March 18, 2008

Repetitive Tasks

So you're saying I'll have to do this for the rest of my life? Every day? At least twice?
Blah.

36-Year-Old Still Looking For Ways To Make Brushing Fun

The Onion

36-Year-Old Still Looking For Ways To Make Brushing Fun

SAN FRANCISCO-More than three decades after acquiring his first Pink Panther toothbrush, Mark Naasz continues to search unsuccessfully for new ways to make brushing his teeth fun, the 36-year-old Bernal Heights resident revealed Monday.


Yea, I know, The Onion is joking. I'm not. Really.

I often wonder how much time I spend doing mundane tasks. Think about it: Brushing my teeth, washing my face, brushing my hair, taking showers. Oh yea: Shaving excess body hair, getting hair cuts, plucking stray eyebrow hair...Sheesh, it never ends!
And that is just body maintenance...Then there's apartment cleaning, commuting to work, food shopping and preparation, etc. etc.

Not that I would necessarily fill the countless hours with something that much more worthwhile if I didn't have to do the 'upkeep'-stuff. Just saying'.

Oh, and I couldn't find any statistics about the number of hours I will have spent brushing my teeth over my expected 82 years of life.

But this is pretty cool, too:

Hmm, it says "with children", so maybe I'm closer to this:

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics! What a treasure trove of information!
Love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're not more like the second one. It says you only work 2.somthing hours a day and that your sports/leisure time is almost 4 hours.

MsLara said...

And that would be wrong why?
:)