March 19, 2008

Excuse Me, Ma'am, Where's Your Volume Control Switch?

Yea, looks like this is turning into a site dedicated to bitching and moaning after all. Hehe.

I promise to post some more pictures of the Netherlands and maybe even some Australia ones on the weekend.


But first some more complaining:

Why is it that American women have no volume control? Really, I need to know.

I have no scientific evidence whatsoever to back this up, but the American women I encounter in my job are significantly louder than all the other women.
The lovely US ladies stand in front of my office and freaking yell at each other. Usually about something not very interesting, like their kids' free-time activities or their last vacation. They don't seem agitated (as in 'angry'), but for some reason have a need to share their stories with the world.

So I'm wondering:
Is this a trait which can be traced back to the wide open spaces of the American West? Did people have to yell at each other from vast distances?

Or is it a matter of being overly self-confident? "My story matters to me, so I'm sure everybody else would love to hear it, too!"

Whatever reason is behind this slightly annoying behavior: Keep it down, ladies!


Oh, and I found this blog: Welcome To The International Center For The Advancement Of World Peace And Quiet . A man after my own heart.

No comments: